Types of Databases
Types of databases used for research include:
1. Library catalog – an inventory of what is owned by a particular library. The Library Catalog is a catalog of books, videos, and other materials owned by the Delaware County Community College Library.
2. Article databases – a database used for finding citations to articles in periodicals (journals, magazines, newspapers).
Many databases provide abstracts, or summaries, for each article.
Some databases provide the full-text of periodical articles.
3. Reference sources– the full-text of a reference book
4. Streaming Video – a collection of videos available online
5. Statistics – includes statistics, financial information, census data